Re: Sound the Alarm Events

Dan Hober

I'm interested.  I'll check my schedule when I'm back in town later this week.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2017, at 7:17 PM, Jer Kostro - Red Cross <jerry.kostro@...> wrote:

Hi, All -

We've been requested by Disaster Cycle Services to support the Sound The Alarm events scheduled for September 23rd and October 7th.

The purpose of the project is to save lives by installing smoke detectors in residences that currently don't have them. It's part of as nationwide campaign to install 100,000 smoke detectors in 100 cities. Locally, the Chapter has selected the Logan Heights neighborhood for the project.

We've been requested to supply four (4) communicators each day to provide communications between the staging area (located at the Memorial Preparatory School for Scholars and Athletes) and three (3) mobile Logistics units supporting the volunteers canvassing (9/23) or installing smoke detectors (10/7). The events are scheduled from 0900 to 1500 each day; volunteers will be fed. Radio Mobile modeling indicated VHF HTs will be adequate; volunteers can use their own equipment (assuming it's programmed using the RCCT fleet map) or one of the teams HT go kits. This is a very good opportunity to practice your "shadowing" skills.

If you are interested in participating please let me know.

73,

Jer

Jer Kostro / AK6QJ
Disaster Communications Activity Lead

American Red Cross San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter
3950 Calle Fortunada | San Diego, CA 92123-1827
Direct:
(442) 264-3055| Fax: (858) 309-1289
Cell: (442) 264-3055| E-mail: jerry.kostro@...
www.redcross.org/sandiego