Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 9:18 AM
Subject: RE: [ARC2_SDICC] June 2008 - Net & Liaison Assignments

Hi Jerry,  What fun yesterday.  Bob had a great idea to have on of these boot camps here in SD county.  Big challenge but would be worth while.   Now I cannot do the OC arc report because it conflicts with a winlink/rms net on Mondays.  I need to do this to keep abreast of the training and technology so I can be prepared.  Once a month there is a  county wide CERT net on Tuesday evenings at 1900 hours so I will plan for that and work around the schedule to not book SDARC net when that occurs on the RACES vhf repeater.  Complicated life!   So you can put me down for net control or north check in for June 17  or 24th, if you don’t get any newbes or is still blank.  Thanks Jerry for your help on the winlink/rms stuff.  Working with it yesterday solidified my understanding of it.  I bought another KPC3plus and plan to leave the rms station at home and test various likely shelter locations in Vista and see what the coverage is by taking my other tnc/radio/laptop mobile  Fun Fun . Let me know if you want to play.    Jim