Sound the Alarm Event

Birch, Bob

I believe they have decided what kind of radio support they will need for the event on May 4th.

Right now need a min of 5 operators but would like a few more just in case something changes. Be nice if we had 8 people there in case of changes.

The plan is for everyone to rally at the Feaster Middle School located at 670 Flower St., Chula Vista 91910

The plan is to have all the installers trained by 8:30am. They will then be transported to their work areas. We will not be in the transport vans as they initially deploy the workers.  After all workers are at their sites the vans will return to the middle school and pick up the radio operators who will be providing the communications of moving people and equipment.

It would be great if everyone who can participate be at the middle school by 8am.  That will gives us some time to plan and be ready to deploy with the vans when required. The other reason I would like everyone there early is just in case plans change and they need us at other supply locations. The whole event is supposed to be over by 1pm

I believe this can all be ran on simplex. I will bring chapter HT Go Kits with the mag antennas we can put on the vehicles. Will send the radio plan a bit later

Thanks Everyone for helping out in this very important event

Bob Birch

Bob Birch / KG6RGI
Disaster Services Technology Activity Lead

American Red Cross San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter
3950 Calle Fortunada | San Diego, CA 92123-1827
Direct: (760) 533-1957| Fax: (858) 309-1289
Cell: (760) 533-1957| E-mail:
bob.birch3@...

www.redcross.org/sandiego