Re: Tuesday Night DMR

Nat 2733E N6BRV

Many thanks to Bob for his vision to work with the PAPA system for our Radio communications tool box.

I agree with Jerry AK6QJ comments. And definitely need to run ideas and processes through Bob.

Here are some input regarding PAPA system:

·         The PAPA DMR and Analog repeaters map (click on the icons to see details) à http://papasys.com/dmr/repeaters/

·         Per Bob (June 1, 2019 meeting), please feel comfortable to test out the various PAPA system repeaters and determine which ones are best for your use (suggest you test the PAPA system repeaters with your HTs and rubber ducky as this probably is the most common denominator form of Transceiver with < 5-6 watts of Tx power – inside your house).  For San Diego Repeaters à PAPA 8, 9, 10, 11 and PAPA 7 for El Centro.  Report your findings to Bob.

o    PAPA 07 446.380 Toro Peak 156.7
PAPA 08 445.140 Mt Wilson 127.3
PAPA 09 446.580 San Marcos 156.7
PAPA 10 447.560 Palomar 127.3/127.3
PAPA 11 446.720 Otay 100.0
PAPA 12 224.400 Otay 100.0

·         Analog Tuesday night 8:00 pm Net slot is still available but we need to move fast and request the time slot for our potential RCCT weekly check-in.  So please test the PAPA system and send the information in to Bob.

·         If you can reach these peaks reasonably well with Analog, you’ll likely be able to communicate with DMR or DSTAR through the same locations.  Here are some DMR repeaters (plus several others) that are already pre-programmed into your AT 878 radios.  Click on the links highlighted in blue below to see the simulated coverage area.

o    OTY 447.260- CC3 Otay Mt
PAL 445.860- CC1 Palomar Mtn
SMP 445.880- CC3 San Marcos Pk
TOR 447.260- CC5 Toro Pk
WUD 445.960- CC1 Mt Woodson

·         You do not need to be a PAPA member to use the PAPA system repeaters.

·         With that said, Per PAPA System: Visitors are welcome - please register on this website http://papasys.com/register.php?do=signup - once you are registered, (Guests page) you can download our Guest Guide (link on page) and additional web pages free for 90 days.

73’ Nat S. N6BRV

PAPA system liaison