Re: Tuesday Night DMR
Nat 2733E N6BRV
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Many thanks to Bob for his vision to work with the PAPA system for our Radio communications tool box.
I agree with Jerry AK6QJ comments. And definitely need to run ideas and processes through Bob.
Here are some input regarding PAPA system:
· The PAPA DMR and Analog repeaters map (click on the icons to see details) à http://papasys.com/dmr/repeaters/
· Per Bob (June 1, 2019 meeting), please feel comfortable to test out the various PAPA system repeaters and determine which ones are best for your use (suggest you test the PAPA system repeaters with your HTs and rubber ducky as this probably is the most common denominator form of Transceiver with < 5-6 watts of Tx power – inside your house). For San Diego Repeaters à PAPA 8, 9, 10, 11 and PAPA 7 for El Centro. Report your findings to Bob.
o PAPA 07 446.380 Toro Peak 156.7
· Analog Tuesday night 8:00 pm Net slot is still available but we need to move fast and request the time slot for our potential RCCT weekly check-in. So please test the PAPA system and send the information in to Bob.
· If you can reach these peaks reasonably well with Analog, you’ll likely be able to communicate with DMR or DSTAR through the same locations. Here are some DMR repeaters (plus several others) that are already pre-programmed into your AT 878 radios. Click on the links highlighted in blue below to see the simulated coverage area.
· You do not need to be a PAPA member to use the PAPA system repeaters.
· With that said, Per PAPA System: Visitors are welcome - please register on this website http://papasys.com/register.php?do=signup - once you are registered, (Guests page) you can download our Guest Guide (link on page) and additional web pages free for 90 days.
73’ Nat S. N6BRV
PAPA system liaison
From: main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io [mailto:main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jer Kostro - Red Cross
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2019 10:53 PM
Subject: [ARC2-SDICC] Tuesday Night DMR
Hi, All -
The following comments and opinions are mine only - I have not run them through Bob. He may have other thoughts.
I've heard through the grapevine that some folks are advertising our Tuesday night get-together on our RC-PRI talk group to other groups. IMHO a few things to keep in mind before we get too expansive too soon:
Personally I'd like to see the limited resources we currently have used to get our own team up to speed first. Thanks to Bob and the PAPA folks we have a number of new radios in team members' hands. As we are finding out, there is a learning curve that has to be climbed. Fire season is coming (if not already here).
The above being said (or written) I'm excited about the potential of DMR and am all for inviting people from far and wide to join us, but like getting ready for a party I suggest getting our house in order before inviting the guests. This shouldn't take long when all the pieces are in place.
Jer aka AK6QJ