Hi, All -
Did a little experiment tonight re: the PAPA System DMR net. I
used two Anytone HTs - one accessing the San Marcos Peak repeater,
the other one monitoring through the Internet using a ZumSpot USB
with a RasPi 3A+.
- The ZumSpot audio lagged the repeater audio by 1-2 seconds. A
little disconcerting to listen to at first but by maximizing the
difference in audio levels I was able to concentrate on one
radio while monitoring the second.
- During a one hour period I experience ten (10) "cutouts" (aka
loss of signal). They were relatively short - 3-20 seconds.
- Seven of the cutouts were on the SMP repeater, probably due to
someone capturing the time slot as these cutouts were longer
(steady blue light but no audio).
- One of the cutouts was due to a burble with the ZumSpot. Have
no idea what caused it. Internet service here at the Hacienda
provided by Spectrum cable. Perhaps a bandwidth issue in the
neighborhood as the XYL was viewing a DVD.
- Two cutouts were user error as Michael AF6FB commented on not
being able to hear the station or audio issues due to high
- IMHO the system worked as well as I've heard it since I
started listening to this net in mid-May. Also most participants
are getting a handle on their audio levels.
Jer aka AK6QJ