From: The PAPA System [mailto:admin@...]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:36 PM
To: njsarn@...
Subject: Apollo 11 Special Event Station

The PAPA System is Southern California's Most Advanced Analog and Digital Amateur Repeater System.

Not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

PAPA News

Apollo 11 Special Event

Where Were You?

Saturday July 20, 2019 0900 PDT
This Saturday marks the 50th Anniversary of the landing of Apollo 11 on the surface of the moon. Our own Chris Durso, AA4CD, will be operating a Special Event Station from the Kennedy Space Center using the Kennedy Space Center Amateur Radio Club callsign N1KSC (n1ksc.org). AA4CD's operations will commence on the PAPA analog repeater system at 0900 PDT Saturday July 20, 2019.

The KSC club will provide special QSL cards to stations that contact N1KSC to commemorate the Apollo 11 moon landing. Chris will be using IRLP through the AA4CD UHF repeater located on Merritt Island in Florida. This event goes until the date of the splashdown, July 24. Some KSC club members are operating from their home stations and some from the Cape throughout the next two weeks. More details will be available at https://www.n1ksc.org/ soon.

Fun Fact: 50 years ago Chris was at the club station (WB4ICJ) with his father, K4DJN, operating on HF talking to people around the world before and after the launch.

73,

Cecil de WD6FZA

 follow on Twitter | forward to a friend

Copyright © 2015 PAPA System, All rights reserved.

 unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

This email was sent to njsarn@...
PAPA System · P.O. BOX 373 · SAN MARCOS, CA 92079-0373 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp