From: main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io <main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jer Kostro - Red Cross
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:05 PM
To: main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ARC2-SDICC] Yaesu FT-60R/E

Bob -

Not very familiar with the 60 but many Yaesu transceivers don't allow the entry of CTCSS decode PLs. In most cases repeaters including those of the  PAPA system the decode PLs are optional. Decode PLs may hide a certain amount of interference from the repeater user, but doesn't affect using the repeater itself. Decode PLs may be required by a repeater operator to isolate users in certain circumstances - ACS voted system does this when they isolate one of their mountaintop stations.

On 12/18/2019 8:38 PM, Bob Bernardi via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi all

I have a Yaseu FT-60R/E. I am trying to program it the Papa analog repeaters but I can not figure out how to put in separate CTCSS encode and decode freqs. Is this even possible? If not can I use it with repeaters with separate frequencies.

Thanks in advance
Bob
KN6DKN

P.S. Happy Holidays to you and your kin.