Re: Saturday Nov 14th Drill

Bruce

Hi Bob
You have known that I am active on Winlink - so of course I will be participating in the drill.

I just sent a email to you - that the winlink system will be down for maintenance on 11-14 - for 12 hours - starting at 1200 PST!
For the National Red Cross drill -Traffic MUST be passed before 1200 PST Saturday!
WHY is there not REDUNDANCY built into the system!? The CMS could go down during a disaster and there is NO backup??  We do not need single point failures to take down the entire winlink network!

I just wish we could of had our own local drill in addition, to learn to pass other forms like the 6409 and the shelter report form, and also to practice P2P and sending VARA thru the Palomar repeater. PLEASE we NEED this training!

On 11/12/2020 9:45 AM, Bob Birch wrote:

So far below are the members I received notification that they plan to participate in the drill this Saturday.

Chris Steinhart

Fred Curtis

Jeff Mikoleit

Steve Kurtzman

Joe Seraki

Attached you will find the instructions about the drill and how to complete the ARC-213 form. I know Fred KI6GRO sent these before, wanted to make sure everyone had a copy.

For the details about the team in the body of the message below is information you can include.

Team Name

Red Cross DST So. Cal Region

Number of Participants

5

Number of operators Winlink Capable (I don’t know how many are in Org, Riverside, or SB)

15

Remember you only need to send 1 ARC-213 to ARCPACIFIC between the hours of 6am to 6pm.

(NOTE: the winlink system will be down for maintenance for 12 hours on 11-14 starting at 1200 PST!!!)