Sad news to report

Bob Birch <rrbirch@...>

It came to my attention that we have lost one of our Communication Team Members. I was informed that Don Brill W1OJA became a silent key last Friday. Unfortunately I will be out of town and not able to attend the services or reception. It would be nice if some of you could attend the services or stop by for a short time at the reception. If you do get a chance to go, why not wear Red Cross attire to let everyone know he will be missed greatly by our organization. If you are going to the reception please e-mail Beth at Bethsun22@...

Bob

To our dear friends & family,

It is with deep sadness in my heart, but joy in my soul that I bring the news that my wonderful father, Don, is now in heaven with Jesus, his Lord and Savior. He had been getting weaker for the last six months and had taken a few falls when he got up at night, but we thought he still had a lot of time left here on earth. Last Thursday he complained of a bad headache and nauseousness so my mom called 911 and they took him to the emergency room. When he left the house he was talking and very coherent, but when he arrived at the hospital he was totally unresponsive and in a deep coma. They took a CAT scan and discovered that my Dad had a very large hematoma on his brain and the doctor only gave him a day or two to live. My out of town relatives flew in and my Dad died at 6:00 p.m. on Friday with his wife of 56 years, all four of his children, daughter and son-in-laws, and several of his grandchildren at his side. We would like to invite you to a memorial service on Friday, August 29th at 1:30 p.m. at the River side National Cemetery and a reception/dinner at our house at 5:00 p.m. following the service. If you are unable to attend the service we would love to have you at the reception at our house in Encinitas. Please e-mail me and let me know if you can attend so we can get an idea of how many to expect. In lieu of flowers please send donations to Elizabeth Hospice (150 W. Crest Street Escondido, CA 92025) and please note that you would like your donation to go towards funding for education for the nurses at Elizabeth Hospice.

Thank you so much.

Love & Hugs,

Beth