From: Bob Birch
To: ARC2_SDICC@...
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:38:02 AM
Subject: [ARC2_SDICC] Sad news to report

It came to my attention that we have lost one of our Communication Team
Members. I was informed that Don Brill W1OJA became a silent key last
Friday. Unfortunately I will be out of town and not able to attend the
services or reception. It would be nice if some of you could attend the
services or stop by for a short time at the reception. If you do get a
chance to go, why not wear Red Cross attire to let everyone know he will
be missed greatly by our organization. If you are going to the reception
please e-mail Beth at Bethsun22@aol. com

Bob

To our dear friends & family,

It is with deep sadness in my heart, but joy in my soul that I bring the
news that my wonderful father, Don, is now in heaven with Jesus, his
Lord and Savior. He had been getting weaker for the last six months and
had taken a few falls when he got up at night, but we thought he still
had a lot of time left here on earth. Last Thursday he complained of a
bad headache and nauseousness so my mom called 911 and they took him to
the emergency room. When he left the house he was talking and
very coherent, but when he arrived at the hospital he was totally
unresponsive and in a deep coma. They took a CAT scan and discovered
that my Dad had a very large hematoma on his brain and the doctor only
gave him a day or two to live. My out of town relatives flew in and my
Dad died at 6:00 p.m. on Friday with his wife of 56 years, all four of
his children, daughter and son-in-laws, and several of his grandchildren
at his side. We would like to invite you to a memorial service on
Friday, August 29th at 1:30 p.m. at the River side National Cemetery and
a reception/dinner at our house at 5:00 p.m. following the service. If
you are unable to attend the service we would love to have you at the
reception at our house in Encinitas. Please e-mail me and let me know
if you can attend so we can get an idea of how many to expect. In lieu
of flowers please send donations to Elizabeth Hospice (150 W. Crest
Street Escondido, CA 92025) and please note that you would like your
donation to go towards funding for education for the nurses at Elizabeth
Hospice.

Thank you so much.

Love & Hugs,

Beth