From: Jer Kostro - Red Cross <jer.kostro.AK6QJ@...>
Date: 7/7/21 4:53 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io
Subject: [ARC2-SDICC] Papa Website

Hi, All -

A few comments about the Papa Website -

- This is a new website for the PAPA System. There will be teething
pains. One of the challenges is locking down the site so that bad actors
can't hijack it. Not unusual for a new website design to require
password changes, especially if the old site was less than secure. FWIW
IMHO the Internet is no longer the Wild West - it's beginning to have a
more "Escape from New York" vibe to it. Organization wishing to protect
their digital assets act accordingly. As a result there may be some
additional restrictions on the content.

- The PAPA System is very supportive of the Red Cross - the fact that
they allow several Red Cross members access to their "control room"
underscores this. Red Cross volunteers who are not members of the PAPA
System have access to their repeaters. A number of Red Cross volunteers
including Bob and myself are members - we will ensure Red Cross
volunteers will have access to the latest repeater information. BTW
consider joining PAPA if you can swing it. Great coverage throughout
Southern California - the group is very active in maintaining/expanding
the system - the care and feeding of mountaintop repeaters is not cheap
so I'm sure the PAPA folks would appreciate your support.

- Which brings me to PLs. Most of the PLs where changed in calendar year
2020. The latest code plug (05/12/2021) reflects all applicable changes
to date. IMHO#2 I don't believe we'll see additional UHF PL changes
unless a new interference issue raises its ugly head. This is one of the
downsides of the large number of repeaters we have in Southern California.

If there are changes we will either issue a new code plug and/or send
out an email addressing the situation.

- Bob is the Chapter representative to the PAPA System. He has a close
working relationship with Cecil. Don't hesitate to address your concerns
to him. He will look into it or detail someone else (probably me) to
bird dog it.