Re: P2P Winlink Exercise Sat 9/11 (planning)

Behrends, Kent

Another option to add the this exercise might be Digipeater use:

Station1 -> Station2 as Digipeater -> Station3

Vera FM v4.01+ has this built-in.  Auto-relay using same frequency where station1 and station3 can not contact each other, but both can contact Station2. Using my station as a Digipeater, may bridge between OC and SB.

Setting Vera FM v4.01+ as a Digipeater: http://w4cae.com/vara-fm-v4-0-1-digipeater-function/

For all of your IT support needs, please submit a ticket online via The Exchange, initiate a chat session online or call the Service Desk at 1-888-778-7762

Kent Behrends

American Red Cross Volunteer #883263

Desert to the Sea Region, CA, US, Sol-3, Milky Way

DST, DAT (W200), IT-EUS

Volunteer Connection: kent@...

Red Cross: kent.behrends@...

Ham Call sign: N6ROQ

DMR ID: 3152949

From: main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io <main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io> on behalf of Mark Warrick (KM6ZPO) via groups.io <mark@...>
Date: Sunday, August 15, 2021 at 08:37
To: main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io <main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io>
Subject: [ARC2-SDICC] P2P Winlink Exercise Sat 9/11 (planning)

My friend Scott MacGillivray (KM6RTE) - (OCHEART) is planning a P2P exercise for Saturday 9/11 in Orange County. He will be setup in the Orange hills and I will be at Seaview park in South OC. We need a skilled operator to position themselves in North OC. We have a few sites in mind but are open to suggestions.

I am writing to see if our group is interested in participating.  P2P is the “when all else fails” method of transmitting Winlink messages and ICS forms.  It is a critical skill to understand and practice.  We all would be operating from separate locations throughout the area.  This would be a radio only exercise.

Who’s up to the challenge?

Side note: our neighbors SDG-ARES and LAX-ARES doe drills like this about once a quarter on a wide scale and more frequently within their geographic areas

—-mark
KM6ZPO