Re: Great use case of AREDN supporting cloud based computing

Andre Hansen

The theoretical limit on an AREDN link is 144 Mbps based on the 802.11n RF encoding scheme.  The 400 Mbps they describe in the article refers to the user WIFI connection.

Note that the San Diego AREDN backbone network is in the process of being redesigned to be in compliance with recent FCC spectrum changes.  Also note that ownership of the backbone has been transferred to Keith, AI6BX, because I am no longer able to service these nodes.

73,

Andre, K6AH

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 8:55 AM Nat 2733E N6BRV <njsarn9@...> wrote:

Mark,

WOW 400Mbps bandwidth between nodes is very impressive.  10+Mb picture in 1.5 seconds (over the top) !!!

Self redirecting when a node is absent is a real functional advantage especially when there’s an RF hole or downed node. Will have to test this feature out when AREDN is installed on my vehicle (Solar + 800 Ah LFP battery).

Thanks much for the info.

73' N6BRV Nat S.