Re: AREDN a quick report

Bruce

Hi Mark
My I.T. friend is buried in work at the college. I set up the "Surface" computer in the radio room in hopes of getting it running on AREDN, so later I can run that mode from my truck. I set up the "Micro-Tik hAP" and used a CAT5 cable to plug it into my Network switch. There is a green "activity light" flashing on it. In the "Settings"  It showed up on the Surface with TWO addresses: "8EEDOO"  and "8EECFF"   Also "VPN" showed up as "ON"
I have "Any-Desk" set up on my computers by my I.T. friend. With my limited computer knowledge - not sure how to proceed. Many thanks for any help.
73 Bruce WA6DNT@...   WA6DNT@...  Cell:  619-890-0789

On 9/21/2021 9:50 AM, Mark Warrick (KM6ZPO) wrote:
Hi Bruce (and anyone else who wants to try this):

If you need my assistance setting up a tunnel:

Forward port 5525 and port 8080 pointed to the MicroTik device.

Verify those ports are open first here:
https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Then email me the external IP address and password for your node.  (mark @ km6zpo dot com)

---mark