ARRL November Phone Sweepstakes - Sat 11/20 4PM PST through Mon 11/22 7PM PST - Anyone participating Sunday?

I got an FT-891 last weekend and got on the air for the first time with my own HF equipment!  I would say my first try was a success considering that I was able to contact somebody in Japan and get a "5/9" report from them.  I would appreciate the experience of an elmer to check my setup and radio settings.

Is anyone planning to set up this weekend to participate in the ARRL November Phone Sweepstakes contest?

The contest runs from 2100 UTC Saturday (4PM PST) and runs through 0259 UTC Monday (7PM)  It seems like Sunday would be ideal if you enjoy working in the daytime.

The objective of the contest is to support training in radiocommunications, improving amateur operating skills, and communicating with other amateurs. Stations in the United States and Canada exchange information with as many other US and Canadian stations as possible on the 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meter bands.

I have heard that band conditions are going to be pretty good this weekend.

---mark

Mark Warrick
(949) 870-9493