From: main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io <main@ARC2-SDICC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Art Remnet
Sent: Friday, April 1, 2022 11:54 AM
To: main@arc2-sdicc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ARC2-SDICC] What are we doing for the Southern California Region Full-Scale Exercise - Sat 4/23/2022 ???

Great question Mark.

This is pretty much a chicken and the egg kind of question since other than the dates and times, the event is planned to be as spontaneous as  actual response would be. Red Cross members will be responding from their homes, like they do for the real events that we have responded to over the past few years.

We know that there will be a shelter needed within each chapter's response. Since there is a shelter, there will be room for DST to set up and be ready to relay communications back to either the "home" Chapter or to other Chapters in the Region.

A little bird told me that there very well may be "injects" (challenges that come up in an exercise that mimic real world situations) that would be best resolved through the use of amature radio operators and the communication technology solutions that they provide.

I am not sure if each Chapter will be "on air" for the exercise, but I guess we will leave that to the DPMs and Leads to determine.

Art

---

Art Remnet

Understand. Plan.

Move Forward

.
TheStrategicMarketingGroup.com
Office: 714.598.2334

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 11:08 AM Mark Warrick (KM6ZPO) <mark@...> wrote:

How is DST involved in this?  (If at all?)

Southern California Region Full-Scale Exercise

Registration is not needed for the exercise! Additional information on the exercise scenario and how to sign up to play will be provided the week before the exercise.

The Capstone event of the Southern California Region’s 2022 Training Academy will be a Full-scale Exercise conducted on Saturday and Sunday, April 23 and 24, 2022. The Southern California Region is designated a Tier 1 Region per the American Red Cross National Readiness Target. A Tier 1 Region is required to have the capability to initiate and conduct a Level IV Disaster Relief Operation (DRO) for the first 72 hours until assistance arrives. Some characteristics of a Level IV DRO include at least 10,000 residents evacuated, between 400-1,000 individuals seek overnight sheltering, sheltering lasts at least 7 days, up to 800 homes sustain major damage or are destroyed, and a minimum of 300 workers will be needed for the course of the DRO. This exercise will test the Southern California Region’s ability to initiate and conduct a Level IV DRO for the first 36 hours.

Additional information on the exercise scenario and how to sign up to play will be provided the week before the exercise.

---mark

Mark Warrick
(949) 870-9493