Re: FW: several more hams needed for PCT50 on Saturday, May 14, 2022

Shelley Alfieri

Thank you.

On Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 01:50:11 PM PDT, Bob Birch <rrbirch@...> wrote:

Mark,

We in San Diego have done support for other Sound the Alarm events in the past. We have always provided the DST support needed. We have never had a DST person hijacked to do installs. The fact you were put in another job is the failure of the DST coordinator who was running that specific event. When we are put in the Volunteer Connection sign up for Sound the Alarm, we are listed as DST.

At the Sound the Alarm event in El Cajon we will be setting up 6 laptop computers to support registration, providing internet connectivity, as well are radio support for the movement of people and supplies. I hope to use the portable DMR repeater we have at our chapter, so we get some experience in operating it, in case there is a need in the future.

I’ve done the PC50 and PC100 events in the past. They also provide an opportunity to practice radio skills. It’s also a great safety backup for the organizers of the event.

Bob