Viasat Terminal

Gary Kent

Mike Corum, Fredric Raab, Dan Musick and I setup the Viasat terminal successfully this morning.   We contacted the DST@DOCC and found that the terminal had up to date software.  It took roughly an hour to get it setup, and another 20 to 30 minutes to call the DOCC to check the software.

Gary Kent

NI6H <ni6h@...>

Gary,

What was the DOCC phone number you used?  When I did my DST training in March of this year I was given 2 #’;

1.    DST Help Desk; 202-403-4126, and

2.    DOCC Coordination Center; 201-303-4126

Both of these #’s are not correct, can you update both or just update the correct DOCC #.   I post this direct because not everyone on groups.io have the training and should not have these until they do.

Rich NI6H

Mike Corum, Fredric Raab, Dan Musick and I setup the Viasat terminal successfully this morning.   We contacted the DST@DOCC and found that the terminal had up to date software.  It took roughly an hour to get it setup, and another 20 to 30 minutes to call the DOCC to check the software.

Gary Kent

NI6H <ni6h@...>

Opps……….

Mike Corum, Fredric Raab, Dan Musick and I setup the Viasat terminal successfully this morning.   We contacted the DST@DOCC and found that the terminal had up to date software.  It took roughly an hour to get it setup, and another 20 to 30 minutes to call the DOCC to check the software.

Gary Kent

Mike Corum <KD6AEB@...>

Additional info....

We were able to achieve a satellite signal ratio of ~ 8.06  which allowed a 25.9 MB Download speed and Upload of 4.19 MB (fairly respectable rate).

The software version on the satellite is UT_3.7.3.10.9.  The DOCC indicated it was the most recent version.

Mike, KD6AEB

--
Mike Corum