FW: several more hams needed for PCT50 on Saturday, May 14, 2022

Shelley Alfieri

Thank you.

On Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 01:50:11 PM PDT, Bob Birch <rrbirch@...> wrote:

Mark,

We in San Diego have done support for other Sound the Alarm events in the past. We have always provided the DST support needed. We have never had a DST person hijacked to do installs. The fact you were put in another job is the failure of the DST coordinator who was running that specific event. When we are put in the Volunteer Connection sign up for Sound the Alarm, we are listed as DST.

At the Sound the Alarm event in El Cajon we will be setting up 6 laptop computers to support registration, providing internet connectivity, as well are radio support for the movement of people and supplies. I hope to use the portable DMR repeater we have at our chapter, so we get some experience in operating it, in case there is a need in the future.

I’ve done the PC50 and PC100 events in the past. They also provide an opportunity to practice radio skills. It’s also a great safety backup for the organizers of the event.

Bob

From: Rob Freeburn <k6rjf.rob@...>
Date: 5/1/22 6:45 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: Rob K6RJF Freeburn <k6rjf.rob@...>
Cc: Gary KM6LKP Holmes <KM6LKP@...>

Endurance Run Ham Community,

The PCT50 (on 5/14/22) seeks several more hams: an experienced location lead, and a couple of other helpers for net control and for a rough road location.

If your schedule allows you to support for all or for part of the day, please contact the PCT50 ham coordinator, Gary KM6LKP <KM6LKP@...> (cc'd) directly.

Thanks
. . . Rob
K6RJF
ham herder

Save The Date: PCT50 on Saturday, May 14, 2022

Ardent Hams,

We received a short-notice request for ham radio operators to provide comms support for the PCT50 (Pacific Crest Trail 50 Mile Ultra Endurance Run) on Saturday, May 14, 2022.

Aid Station locations and times:
   Boulder Oaks 0500 to 2000 (START/FINISH)
   Fred Canyon 0600 to 1930
   Dale's Kitchen 0730 to 1530
   Todd's Cabin 0800 to 1530
   Penny Pines 0900 to 1430 (TURNAROUND)

This is an out-and-back course, so runners pass through the intermediate Aid Stations twice.

If you can work a full or partial shift, or for more information, please contact the ham coordinator, Gary KM6LKP <KM6LKP@...> (cc'd) directly.

Runners' website and course information: PCT 50 — SECOND WIND TRAIL RUNNING

Thank you!
. . . Rob
K6RJF

Nat 2733E N6BRV