DMR Tuesday Net Problems

Bob Birch

I have been investigating the issues we experienced on Tuesday’s DMR net.

What I have found out is, BrandMeister is requiring some new configuration changes. Because of this,, some of the PAPA sites may be off-line for up to the next 10 days, as PAPA implements the changes on the PAPA side. Please have patience, as they continue to make these changes as rapidly as they can. Some repeaters are already back on BrandMeister.

Bob Birch / KG6RGI
Volunteer, Disaster Services Technology Activity Lead

American Red Cross San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter
3950 Calle Fortunada | San Diego, CA 92123-1827
Direct: (760) 533-1957| Fax: (858) 309-1289
Cell: (760) 533-1957| E-mail:
bob.birch3@...

www.redcross.org/sandiego

My observation:

I was intermittently hearing people via Saddle and Santiago via RF before the net started.   Once the net started, chaos ensued, so I switched over to my pi-star hotspot.

I could hear only person on talkgroup 311057, Ted N6RPG.  We waited about 15 minutes and then talked to each other for about 15 minutes.

---mark, KM6ZPO

Greg Hidley

I initially heard Bob ask for a signal check (I was listening on SMP DMR) and then gave him one .... but he did not respond so he probably did not hear me. I heard no traffic on our talkgroup 311057  RC SoCal that evening. I switched around between SMP, WUD and PAL DMR repeaters and transmitted that I did not hear any Red Cross traffic that evening.. All repeaters responded with athe initial "go ahead" tone when queried with PTT but I heard no response from anyone to my transmissions.

greg

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 4:37 PM Mark Warrick (KM6ZPO) <mark@...> wrote:
My observation:

I was intermittently hearing people via Saddle and Santiago via RF before the net started.   Once the net started, chaos ensued, so I switched over to my pi-star hotspot.

I could hear only person on talkgroup 311057, Ted N6RPG.  We waited about 15 minutes and then talked to each other for about 15 minutes.

---mark, KM6ZPO

Steve

I wonder if Brandmeister warned users before implementing changes that PAPA could have warned users about.  Seems like common sense but I don't see any related announcements on the Brandmeister twitter account or on PAPA.

Steve