DroidStar for iOS Beta Now Available

Some of you have tried DroidStar on Android and like it.  I've been waiting a long time for the equivalent for iOS.  Well it's out there.

To get it, first you need the "Test Flight" app from Apple.  So go get that, join the program, etc.

Then visit this link:

When viewed on an iOS device with Test Flight, you'll be directed to the DroidStar for iOS beta program where you will then install the app.

I will be using this application for tonight's DMR check in.

---mark

Mark Warrick
(949) 870-9493

Kent Behrends

The app works. I’ve been using it for a week now for check-ins. Twice using cellular connections!
To change talkgroups on iOS, I use cut/paste from notes
If you use Brandmeister, set up a new HotSpot (new password if you do not have or forgotten it).
I now have 2 hot spots on Brandmeister, remember to set the ESSID in settings to the number of hot spots you have.

Example (<RadioID><ESSID>), mine show as:
Nano-spot: 315294901
DroidStar: 31529402

My setup:
Host: BM_3102_United_States
TG ID: 311057

Have fun!
---
Kent Behrends
BEHR Consulting International
Home: https://bci.com
Secure messaging by https://signal.org

On Oct 26, 2021, at 13:32, Mark Warrick (KM6ZPO) via groups.io <mark@...> wrote:

Some of you have tried DroidStar on Android and like it.  I've been waiting a long time for the equivalent for iOS.  Well it's out there.

To get it, first you need the "Test Flight" app from Apple.  So go get that, join the program, etc.

Then visit this link:

When viewed on an iOS device with Test Flight, you'll be directed to the DroidStar for iOS beta program where you will then install the app.

I will be using this application for tonight's DMR check in.

---mark

Mark Warrick
(949) 870-9493

I'll concur with Kent, I had to select a unique ESSID in the app.  Without it, it wouldn't connect.  The ESSID is the number after your DMR ID.

I wish it would run in the background like Zello, but unfortunately that's not how it works.  Perhaps one day they'll add that functionality to the iOS app.

---mark