Topics

Hotspots and BrandMeister

Jer Kostro - Red Cross

Hi, All -

Recently several team members have run into problems connecting their hotspots to BrandMeister.

BrandMeister is requiring their hotspot users to set a hotspot security password. Details here:

https://news.brandmeister.network/hotspot-security-password-now-required-for-connections-to-us-masters/

A hat tip to Bob KN6DKN for bringing this to our attention.

Fred Curtis, KI6GRO

I use an OpenSpot2 hotspot and I use my Brandmeister password.  I get a message when I use this hotspot telling me to use a password.  It won't connect if I don't.

Fred
KI6GRO

Jer Kostro - Red Cross

On my Zumspot I can configure Pi-Star with the Brandmeister password so I don't get a prompt.

On 12/23/2020 4:23 PM, Fred Curtis, KI6GRO wrote:
I use an OpenSpot2 hotspot and I use my Brandmeister password.  I get a message when I use this hotspot telling me to use a password.  It won't connect if I don't.

Fred
KI6GRO

Bob Bernardi

No problem. I added a Password today and was able to get on.

Bob, KN6DKN

On Dec 23, 2020, at 4:00 PM, Jer Kostro - Red Cross <jer.kostro.AK6QJ@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, All -

Recently several team members have run into problems connecting their hotspots to BrandMeister.

BrandMeister is requiring their hotspot users to set a hotspot security password. Details here:

https://news.brandmeister.network/hotspot-security-password-now-required-for-connections-to-us-masters/

A hat tip to Bob KN6DKN for bringing this to our attention.

Bob Bernardi

The password required is not your brandmiester password. You have to enter it on the web site and then in the configuration page for the hotspot where you select the brandmiester server.

Bob

On Dec 23, 2020, at 4:23 PM, Fred Curtis, KI6GRO <fredcurtis@...> wrote:

I use an OpenSpot2 hotspot and I use my Brandmeister password.  I get a message when I use this hotspot telling me to use a password.  It won't connect if I don't.

Fred
KI6GRO

Fred Curtis, KI6GRO

The same here.  Once it is in there is no need to input again.

Fred Curtis
KI6GRO
Southern DEC
San Diego ARES

On Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 04:41:26 PM PST, Jer Kostro - Red Cross <jer.kostro.ak6qj@...> wrote:

On my Zumspot I can configure Pi-Star with the Brandmeister password so I don't get a prompt.

On 12/23/2020 4:23 PM, Fred Curtis, KI6GRO wrote:
I use an OpenSpot2 hotspot and I use my Brandmeister password.  I get a message when I use this hotspot telling me to use a password.  It won't connect if I don't.

Fred
KI6GRO

Fred Curtis, KI6GRO

It can be the same password as the one for Brandmeister if you so choose.

Fred Curtis
KI6GRO
Southern DEC
San Diego ARES