Topics

Yaesu FT-60R/E

Bob Bernardi

Hi all

I have a Yaseu FT-60R/E. I am trying to program it the Papa analog repeaters but I can not figure out how to put in separate CTCSS encode and decode freqs. Is this even possible? If not can I use it with repeaters with separate frequencies.

Thanks in advance
Bob
KN6DKN

P.S. Happy Holidays to you and your kin.

Jer Kostro - Red Cross

Bob -

Not very familiar with the 60 but many Yaesu transceivers don't allow the entry of CTCSS decode PLs. In most cases repeaters including those of the  PAPA system the decode PLs are optional. Decode PLs may hide a certain amount of interference from the repeater user, but doesn't affect using the repeater itself. Decode PLs may be required by a repeater operator to isolate users in certain circumstances - ACS voted system does this when they isolate one of their mountaintop stations.

On 12/18/2019 8:38 PM, Bob Bernardi via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi all

I have a Yaseu FT-60R/E. I am trying to program it the Papa analog repeaters but I can not figure out how to put in separate CTCSS encode and decode freqs. Is this even possible? If not can I use it with repeaters with separate frequencies.

Thanks in advance
Bob
KN6DKN

P.S. Happy Holidays to you and your kin.

Bob Bernardi

Jer

Thanks for the info. I did program up some of the red cross analog channels with only the encode CTCSS code. I haven’t tried to transmit on them, but I was able to listen to conversations on a few of the PAPA repeaters.

Bob  KN6DKN

P.S. What is the web site you guys use to order the lithium ion phosphate batteries?

[...]

Roger McCollough

Bob

The FT-60 can add a PL tone ("T" will appear at the top-center of the display) or Encode/Decode (display will show "T" and "SQ") at the display center.  To do this:

  1. Short press the "FW" key (lower right corner of keyboard) An "F" will appear in the lower left of the display to indicate the keys are in the Function mode (words in red type above each key).

  2. Short press the "1" key labeled "SQ TYP in red; the display will indicate the squelch-type.

  3. Using the tuning knob, selecting "OFF" indicates there is no tone operation, "TONE" indicates Encode only, or "TSQL"                                                                     selects  Encode/Decode operation.  Check the  manual for the other settings.  The FT-60 does not support Decode only.

  4. Short press the PTT button to clear from Squelch-type.

  5. Repeat step 1.

  6. Short press the "2" key (the word Code is written in red above the key) and rotate the tuning knob to select the desired tone

  7. Press the "FW" key again to save the change.  Note: this is NOT saved in permanent memory.

I think this is the answer you are looking for, BUT if further info is needed, contact me and I'll try to help.

Roger Mc

KF6HBU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sn 12/18/2019 8:38 PM, Bob Bernardi via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi all

I have a Yaseu FT-60R/E. I am trying to program it the Papa analog repeaters but I can not figure out how to put in separate CTCSS encode and decode freqs. Is this even possible? If not can I use it with repeaters with separate frequencies.

Thanks in advance
Bob
KN6DKN

P.S. Happy Holidays to you and your kin.

Bob Bernardi

Thanks Roger, I’ll check it out
Bob